Resiliency Interview Sample
1) Set up (5 min)
2) Introduction – welcome to the episode (3-4 min)
a) Bio of guest
3) Questions (30-45 min)
4) Thank you (2 min)
5) Take down (5 min)
Total Time: Approx. 60 min
Tell me about yourself
· What is your job description?
· How has your career led you to an interest in resiliency/resilient design?
The Resilient Design Institute describes resilient design as the intentional design of buildings, landscapes, communities, and regions in response to these vulnerabilities.
o How would you describe resilient design?
o What does resilient design mean to you?
o How does resiliency differ from sustainability?
· Can you tell me a little bit about what your community is going through now?
o How this related to other areas around the country?
· How does resilient design relate to the average person?
o Why should they care?
· What do you think design firms can do reduce the impacts of climate change on communities?
o Are design firms currently implementing these ideas?
· What can the architectural engineering industry do to increase awareness?
· Do you think architectural engineering firms have an obligation to incorporate resiliency into their designs?
o Do clients and communities have an obligation to ask for these measures?
· What is one thing everyone should know about resilient design and how it impacts them?
Please Note: This is an audio only interview. These questions are meant to be a rough outline. We may decide to go in a different direction depending on how the conversation goes.
Thank you for chatting with me! There will be a short period of post-production time between the interview date and when the podcast is aired. I will notify you before your episode is released. In the meantime, please check out http://www.thewillowbent.com to check out other resources and episodes.